How Do I Receive Home Health Care?
Home care referrals can be made directly from your Doctor’s office, a hospital discharge planner, a rehabilitation center or a skilled nursing facility. Moorings Park Home Health provides an easy transition for you from a hospital or nursing facility to your home.
The Admissions Process
• Your Doctor or you notify Moorings Park Home Health of your need for service
• The Moorings Park Intake Coordinator processes this order
• The Benefits Coordinator confirms insurance coverage
• Moorings Park Home Health calls you to schedule services
• Nursing/Therapy make visits to your home
What Can You Expect?
• A nurse or therapist will conduct an initial evaluation in your home
• The frequency of nursing and therapy visits are based on your needs and your Doctor’s orders
• We partner with your Doctor to promote disease prevention and provide care which includes family and/or caregivers
Cost of Services
• MEDICARE COVERS 100% OF HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES
(Medicare criteria must be met)
• INSURANCE COVERAGE
(Individual insurance criteria must be met)
• PRIVATE PAY
For more information please call 239-643-9128
How do I qualify for Medicare Home Health Services coverage?
Your physician must determine that you need medical care in your home and prepare a plan of care. The care you need must include intermittent skilled nursing care or physical therapy or speech therapy services.
You must be homebound. This means it takes a considerable taxing effort for you to leave your home and that your absences are infrequent or of relatively short duration. You may still be considered homebound if you leave home to attend religious services, to receive health care, participate in a state licensed/certified and/or accredited adult day care program, or attend a unique or infrequent special event.
What is covered?
If you meet the conditions to qualify for home health care, Medicare will pay for:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care
- Physical therapy as often and for as long as it is medically necessary and reasonable
- Speech language pathology to restore speech as often and for as long as it is medically necessary and reasonable
- Occupational therapy as often and for as long as it is medically necessary and reasonable
- Medical social services to assess the social and emotional factors related to your illness
- Medical supplies, such as wound dressings
What is not covered?
- 24-hour care at home
- Self-administered prescription drugs
- Meals delivered to the home
- Homemaker services such as shopping, cleaning and laundry
- Private duty provided home health aides, such as bathing, toileting or providing help in getting dressed when this is the only care you need.
Do you accept commercial insurance?
We accept many private insurance plans, however some plans have different types of coverage. We are happy to assist in contacting your provider to check your eligibility and review what your policy covers. Please be advised that although we accept many insurance plans, you remain ultimately responsible for the payment of our invoices in the event your carrier does not pay the entire bill.
What is a Plan of Care?
A plan of care directs what type of services and treatment you receive. Your doctor will decide:
- What kind of services you need
- What type of health care professional should provide your services
- How often you will need the services
- The type of home medical equipment you will need
- The type of food you may need
- The results your doctor expects from the therapy
The home health agency staff provides care according to your authorized plan of care.
Can I choose the Home Health Agency I prefer?
Yes, you have the right to choose the home health agency from which you get your services. Your choice should be honored by your physician, hospital discharge planner or other referring agency.
Can I pre-book home health services if I have a scheduled surgery?
Yes, if you would like to set up possible home health care for after your surgery, we can work with your surgeon’s office to receive an order, if he/she deems it necessary. For more information, call our Intake Coordinator at 239-643-9128.